Who should I hire? A Public Adjuster? An Attorney? What is the difference?
When damage strikes your home or business it can be a very confusing time… Who do I call? Does my insurance cover this? Where will I stay? Should I accept the first offer I am given?
All of these questions often lead toward you reaching out to a professional for answers; and then new questions arise… Who should I hire? A Public Adjuster? An Attorney? What is the difference?
That is why the team at Get Paid For Your Claim has provided this resource page; to give you a little more insight into the claims process and who is best to represent you in your time of need. We have outlined the reasons why it is in your best interest to hire an experienced Public Adjuster over a lawyer. In addition, we have provided a list of services you should expect from your Public Adjuster during the claims process. Should you have any further questions or would like to speak with our team regarding your claim, please call us toll-free at 800-635-8111.
Benefits of Hiring a Public Adjuster Instead of a Lawyer
- Just like attorneys, Public Adjusters also work on a contingency basis. This means both only get paid if they recover a claim on your behalf. The main difference is that Public Adjusters charge 10% for hurricane claims and 20% for all other claims, whereas lawyers charge between 30% – 40% of the total settlement.
- Public Adjusters are skilled at estimating the claim, understanding the policy and negotiating settlements. Public Adjusters come to your home, do their own inspections and are with you when the insurance adjuster or other insurance company representative needs to visit the property. Lawyers will generally send a contractor to simply do a rebuild estimate and that contractor doesn’t know insurance laws.
- Public Adjusters ONLY represent policyholders. Very few law firms primarily focus on First Property Insurance Claims. They generally have several areas of practice.
- A Public Adjuster will help the policyholder make a more effective initial claim. A well-prepared claim will increase the chances that a policyholder will receive a fair settlement.
When you hire a Public Adjuster, they should:
- Conduct a thorough inspection and evaluation of your loss.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of your insurance policy and explain your benefits.
- Assist you in complying with your policy’s requirements, such as mitigating further damage and being aware of time limitations.
- Document and estimate your damage.
- Work with you to develop a proactive claim management strategy that maximizes your financial recovery.
- Be your advocate at all inspections and meetings with your insurance company.
- Communicate with your insurance company.
- Negotiate the best settlement for your claim.
- Communicate with you every step of the way.
What you can expect from Get Paid For Your Claim
The quicker the claims process is underway, the greater benefit for you, the insured. Once we open a claim, we handle all aspects of the claims process. We ensure you get the most compensation as quickly as possible all while relieving you of the persistent and tedious demands of insurance companies. Inexperience and costly mistakes go hand in hand when dealing with an aggressive insurance company. Let us help you save your time and your money.
Your claim will be assigned to an expert team who will be with you from beginning to end, personally assuring that all goes smoothly. You can count on our expertise to determine what course of action is best on your claim. Rest assured, we will employ all available measures to secure the financial settlement you deserve. We look forward to working with you!